Be part of the PM team and help manage and grow Enterprise & Supplier Development investments for the ASISA ESD Fund which is managed by Edge Growth
The role will focus on managing several debt and hybrid-instrument investments into SMMEs which fall into the supply chains of ASISA members. These SMMEs have high job creation potential and will need to be managed with both an impact and a commercial lens. The candidate will need to have high EQ, demonstrate strong negotiation skills and be a self-starter. In addition to managing investments and implementing strategic projects to manage risk and drive growth within these businesses, this role will also need to provide support to the Fund PM Lead to execute reporting and other deliverables to stakeholders.
Reports to: ASISA ESD Fund PM Lead
Reportees (position): N/A
- Deliver value-added assistance to portfolio companies, including:
o Assistance in strategy development
o Execution management
o Business building support
o Access to new markets
o Raising capital
o Special projects to unlock value
- Assume responsibility for the allocated investee/s portfolio management from deal team handover to exit.
- Help ensure that financial reporting, systems and processes of investees meets required standards.
- Assist in the delivery of special projects to unlock value at portfolio companies.
- Manage draw-down processes for additional capital to be deployed into portfolio companies.
- Assist with the preparation of regular portfolio updates to the relevant committees, help with trustee update reports and compile other reports to stakeholders as required from time to time.
- Drive financial performance management in investees.
- Assist in the preparation of a consolidated portfolio review report on a monthly, or whichever, basis.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the PM lessons learnt database and records.
- Ensure effective governance and best practice within investees.
- Help ensure effective governance at a Fund Level.
- Provide support for all Growth Support, governance or 10Xe deliverables as and when required.
- Manage the relationship and deliverables between PIM and Growth Support, while at all times maintaining the primary engagement role with the investee company.
Monitoring and compliance
- Assist the ICO with the preparation of all M&C related information and deliverables.
- Provide ongoing analysis, interpretation and compliance in terms of the legal agreements relating to portfolio companies which you are responsible for.
Operations and Admin:
- Help the PM Fund Lead improve internal processes, procedures and policies to improve the Fund’s service delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally, CA (SA) and/or CFA
- Alternatively, Tertiary degree with an outstanding academic performance record with a strong problem solving (e.g. Engineering, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance, Business Science)
- Track record of performance / excellent results
- Impact investing or portfolio management experience, preferably within an environment which deals with SMMEs
- 2+ years in an investment or finance environment, preferably within a reputable impact fund or development finance institution, alternatively:
o 3+ years in a business consulting firm, with a bias towards financial modelling, business strategy and execution / project delivery roles. Advisory services to small businesses, or
o 3+ years in a top tier accounting firm with audit experience